SUNNYVALE, Calif. ‒ September 15, 2021 ‒ Druva Inc., the leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, today announced the Druva Cyber Resilience Virtual Summit, set to take place on October 13, 2021 at 10AM PT (EMEA and APAC registration sites). As ransomware attacks have continued to surge and now cost global organizations billions annually, Druva’s summit will bring attendees insights from industry visionaries, thought leaders, and independent security experts on how to stem this tide. Speakers from Dell Technologies, Gartner, Inc., Palo Alto Networks and Takeda Pharmaceuticals, as well as industry expert Larry Hughes, will offer IT leaders best practices, real-world case studies on how to fight back against these criminals, and discuss the growing role of data protection in combating ransomware. Attendees will also have exclusive access to in-depth demos of Druva’s latest innovations and industry-first capabilities designed to help organizations recover faster with confidence.
Today’s increasingly sophisticated ransomware attacks commonly target backup data for encryption and deletion, destroying many organizations’ last line of defense. In fact, according to a recent IDC survey, only half (52%) of organizations that did not pay a ransom in the last 12 months were able to recover their data¹. The proven scale, security, and capabilities of Druva Cloud Platform help organizations protect their backup environments from ransomware and other cyber threats, making it an ideal component of a defense in depth security framework.
“It’s clear the surge of ransomware is here to stay and will remain a continuous threat for tens of thousands of organizations, government agencies and infrastructure critical to our daily lives,” said Jaspreet Singh, founder and CEO, Druva. “As bad actors continue their aggressive tactics, bold, innovative approaches that unleash the inherent power of cloud data protection must be deployed. With an innovative and unmatched architecture that was built from the ground up with security in mind, we are ready to help organizations tackle today’s most pressing business issue head on by protecting their critical data and getting back to business quickly and confidently.”
Individuals who attend the two hour Cyber Resilience Summit will have the opportunity to engage with thought leaders and their peers, gaining valuable insights from other organizations that are fighting back against increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks. In addition, attendees will leave with actionable information on emerging best practices that span data protection and recovery and how to integrate modern security and backup technologies. A sample of expert sessions at the summit include:
- Industry Trends and State of the Market: Santhosh Rao, Sr Director, Gartner, Inc.
- CISO Keynote: Mike Towers, CISO, Takeda Pharmaceuticals International
- Staying Ahead of the Curve: Evolving Standards in Security: Larry Hughes, Security Educator and Author
- Ransomware: Building Multi-Layered Defense and Accelerating Recovery: Druva leaders
- Making the Cloud Resilient Together: Bryan Hicks, Director, Data Protection Global Technology Office, Dell Technologies
- Bridging the Gap: Security and Backups: With security and technology partners, TBA
- Customer Perspective: Craig Guinasso, Senior Director, Data Security & Compliance, Guardant Health Customer Security Leader and Brian Hunt, VP of Global Sales Engineering, Druva
- Looking Ahead: Closing Remarks and Key Takeaways ‒ Jaspreet Singh, founder and CEO, Druva
- Register: for Druva Cyber Resilience Summit 2021 (North America, EMEA, APAC) and view the session details and speaker biographies
- Video: Find out how you can improve your cyber resilience with Druva ransomware recovery
- Customer Case Study: See how companies like Vertrax are fighting ransomware with Druva
¹ IDC, IDC 2021 Ransomware Study: Where You Are Matters!, Doc US48093721. Published 20 July 2021.
About Druva Cloud Platform
Built for the public cloud with a microservices architecture, Druva Cloud Platform is secure by design, always up-to-date, and offers all-inclusive, consumption-based pricing. As the industry’s largest cloud-native SaaS platform operating at scale, Druva Cloud Platform enables organizations to centrally protect data, no matter where it lives: cloud environments, leading SaaS applications such as Microsoft 365, Google Workspace and Salesforce, hybrid environments, or edge devices. By leveraging this innovative SaaS platform, organizations can reduce the cost and complexity of data protection, accelerate and protect cloud projects and increase cyber resilience and regulatory compliance.
Druva delivers Data Protection and Management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; and its customers have driven down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva is trusted by thousands of companies worldwide, including over 50 of the Fortune 500. Druva is a privately held company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and its investors include Sequoia Capital, Viking Global Investors, CDPQ, Neuberger Berman, Tenaya Capital, Riverwood Capital and Nexus Partners. Visit druva.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Director of Corporate Communications & Analyst Relations