SUNNYVALE, Calif. ‒ August 20, 2019 ‒ Druva, Inc., the leader in Cloud Data Protection and Management, today announced the general availability of its Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) offering for enterprise workloads. Built on AWS, Druva helps improve business continuity with features including automated runbook execution, tighter AWS integration, and simplified orchestration and testing – all while reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) by up to 50 percent.
Druva’s robust and secure DRaaS solution helps protect and recover data at scale, offering customers the flexibility to adopt evolving infrastructure across geographic locations, adhere to the regulatory footprint, and recover their data more quickly following disasters.
Druva’s unified solution offers improved recovery time objectives (RTO) of ten minutes and recovery point objectives (RPO) of an hour across any AWS region and accounts. Druva helps to lower costs by eliminating administration and maintenance on storage hardware and software, upgrade, integration and patching. Druva’s Disaster Recovery capabilities streamline rapid recovery, boost developer productivity and support all enterprise-grade workloads across cloud and on-premises.
“Customers who want to manage Disaster Recovery across on-premises and cloud and create an enterprise-grade security and governance model can now leverage Druva’s unified on-demand platform to manage data protection and Disaster Recovery,” said Mike Palmer, Chief Product Officer, Druva. “Replacing their legacy data protection solutions has never been easier.”
Druva removes the stress and complexity of disaster recovery with cloud-native, scalable, unified data protection and automated DR that offers:
- Seamless user experience with one-click, automated recovery, testing and built-in orchestration and runbook execution.
- Faster recovery of business data through distributed global infrastructure available on-demand, support for hybrid workload failback (such as VMware Cloud on AWS or on-premises data centers), and the ability to recover data within a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and cloning VPCs across AWS regions or accounts.
- Efficient use of time and resources with built-in runbook orchestration, automation of failover compliance testing and efficient failback.
- Lower TCO of up to 50 percent compared with on-premises solutions.
- Fast deployments and hassle-free use with no downtime for software installation, upgrades or patches.
- Centralized reporting and audit ensuring that stakeholders can easily certify business continuity plans.
Druva Customer Highlights Importance of DR
Critical to the national economy, the Port of New Orleans passes over 30 million tons of goods and cargo through 14,500 miles of roads and waterways and handles more than one million passengers through its cruise terminals every year. If the Port of New Orleans went down for three days, the national impact would be close to $500 million. By moving to the cloud with Druva, the Port of New Orleans now not only meets government security standards set down by Homeland Security and the Coast Guard, but with Druva’s DR solution, keeps its data safe from devastating disasters like Hurricane Katrina.
Druva at VMworld 2019
Learn more about Druva and data protection at VMworld 2019 (booth #827) or join one of our two sessions during the show. You can learn more about all of our activities during VMworld 2019.
- Learn more about Druva’s approach to data protection and management
- Find out more about Druva’s built-in disaster recovery capabilities
Druva delivers Data Protection and Management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva is trusted worldwide by over 4,000 companies at the forefront of embracing the cloud. Druva is a privately held company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and is funded by Sequoia Capital, Viking Global Investors, Tenaya Capital, Riverwood Capital and Nexus Partners. Visit Druva and follow us @druvainc.
# # #
Senior Manager, Public Relations