Druva, the leader in converged data protection, recently concluded ILLUMINATE15, its inaugural user conference, addressing the challenges today’s organizations face protecting, securing and governing corporate data in a borderless enterprise. Customers across North America and as far away as Australia, Japan and numerous European nations participated in 17 sessions, keynotes and panels as well as hands-on training over the multi-day event. Sessions covered topics such as data protection, data privacy, managing mobile data and more. The company also recognized customers Booz Allen Hamilton, Robert Half International and Syncreon with awards for their innovative implementations of Druva’s data availability and governance platform. The conference took place on October 12-14, 2015 at the Hotel Valencia at Santana Row in San Jose, CA.
“Holding a user conference is a major milestone for any company. Our inaugural user conference underscores Druva’s growth and expansion, from our initial focus on backup for the mobile workforce to offering a complete availability and governance solution for distributed data,” said Jaspreet Singh, CEO, Druva. “We chose ‘ILLUMINATE’ as our conference name, since our objective is to help illuminate attendees’ knowledge of the issues and practices for data protection and governance. From sessions and keynotes to tutorials and networking, the conference provided a wealth of information, tips and advice that participants can now put into practice within their organizations.”
The ILLUMINATE15 agenda was designed for IT professionals working in infrastructure, operations, end-user productivity, mobility and governance. Featured speakers included Jaspreet Singh, CEO, Druva; Jason Buffington, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group; Shawn Anderson, Global Ecosystem Lead for Cyber Security, Amazon Web Services; Jay Anderson, Chief Information Officer, ServiceNow; Gisele Moro, Vice President, Quality User Experience, Leidos; Jim Jacob, Director, Site Support Service, Leidos; and Bruce Sherman, Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton. Keynotes, sessions and panels included: “Illuminating the Future of Data Protection,” “Lessons from the Front Lines: Getting Data Privacy Right,” “Customer Best Practices Panel: What Today’s Organizations are Doing to Address the Mobile Workforce,” “The Evolving Landscape of Security in the Cloud,” and “Utilizing Druva to Address Compliance and Legal Requirements.”
Keynote and Session Highlights:
- “The key is to make data discoverable and usable – a living asset for your company. Data is moving out of the data center and going to mobile and the cloud. In fact, 50 percent of your data will be outside the data center by 2020, according to IDC.” – Jaspreet Singh, CEO, Druva, “Keynote: Illuminating the Future of Data Protection”
- “Anyone in the business can sign up for a SaaS service, but IT ends up having to manage it… No matter what app or solution you end up selecting, compliance and security are a must. As solutions are explored and vetted, growing and scaling the business should also be considered in parallel – meaning IT should be part of the business growth discussions, not just an afterthought.” – Jay Anderson, CIO Advisor, ServiceNOW, “Druva in Action: ServiceNow and the Ongoing Transformation of IT”
- “There are questions you need to ask. You need to ask about data residency – what are the regional, cross-geography data controls? Can data be moved to other regions? In terms of data privacy, what controls are in place to provide ethical walls? In terms of data security, how is the data encrypted and stored in transit and at rest? And in terms of residency, ensure your cloud data isn’t moving around to non-compliance locations.” – Dave Packer, VP, Product Marketing, Druva, “Lessons from the Front Lines: Getting Data Privacy Right”
Druva also announced three customer awards during ILLUMINATE15, recognizing the innovative implementation and use of Druva. The winners were:
- “Most Innovative Druva Implementation”— Booz Allen Hamilton
- “Druva inSync Luminary of the Year” – Robert Half International
- “Druva Phoenix Luminary of the Year” – Syncreon
ILLUMINATE15 additionally offered attendees a multi-topic “Birds of a Feather” Luncheon, including mini-sessions on “Data Collection for Mobile and Cloud Apps,” “Migration to Windows10,” and “eDiscovery and Legal Hold Enablement.” Attendees also got a first-hand look at Druva technology at the Genius Bar.
To learn more about Druva’s #1 rated solutions, visit www.druva.com/products.
Druva is the leader in converged data protection, bringing data-center class availability and governance to the mobile workforce. With a single dashboard for backup, availability and governance, Druva’s award-winning solutions minimize network impact and are transparent to users. As the industry’s fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 3,000 global organizations on over 3 million devices. Learn more at www.druva.com and join the conversation at twitter.com/druvainc.