Last Updated: June 12, 2014
Druva inSync Client for OSX version 5.4 is certified as a Trusted Download Program by TRUSTe signifying that the Druva inSync Client for OSX application has been tested by TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's TDP program requirements including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. TRUSTe's mission, as an independent third party, is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally through its leading privacy trust mark and innovative trust solutions. If you have questions or complaints regarding the Druva inSync Client for OSX application, please contact us at Druva Inc. 150 Mathilda Place, Suite 450, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, or by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1 888-248-4976. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here. The TRUSTe Trusted Download program covers only Druva inSync Client for OSX and does not cover other applications such as mobile versions.
Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email, sent to the e-mail address specified in your account or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Site and services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Site and services. We may also supplement this information with information such as “title” or “industry” from other companies to ensure a complete user profile is created. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual. Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our services and for advertising and marketing purposes. The following are the specific types of information we collect from you. Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Contact Information. We collect the email addresses you provide for contacts you enter or upload into your private contacts page. When you choose to collaborate or share files with others, we also collect email addresses you provide to email invitations to those individuals on your behalf.
- Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Druva account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Web pages, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you. We do not link this automatically-collected information to personal information
- When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID").
- We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time, unless the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) add on is activated when using our Mobile Apps or Services. A user must explicitly turn on the location information feature but may or may not be able to disable this feature depending on their organization policy.
Information Related to Data Collected through the Druva inSync Platform
Druva collects information under the direction of its clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes.
We collect information for our clients, if you are a customer of one of our clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly.
Service Provider, Sub-Processors/Onward Transfer
Druva may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our clients
Access to Data Controlled by our Clients
Druva has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Druva’s client, the data controller. If the client requests Druva to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Druva will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our client. Druva will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Site and our publications, products and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Druva or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after- sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Druva that better meet your needs;
- to store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
- to send emails to users you invite (and contacts you invite to become users) to collaborate and access your files;
- to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Druva may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. Druva complies with the U.S.–E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Druva has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Druva’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Sharing of Personal Information
Druva reserves the right to share aggregated demographic information about our customers, sales, and traffic to our partners and advertisers. We will not give, sell, rent, share, or trade any of your personal information or any data that you store using our services to any third party except as outlined in this Policy or with your consent. We may disclose information to a third party to
(b) in the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency, or protect the personal safety of any person
(c) as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
(d) to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payment or offering live customer support chat. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Network and Information Security
Druva takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you and our platform to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, highly confidential personal information, such as password that we request from you on our Site and the platform, is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet. The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. For some customers, your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or delete it on our Site or deactivate your account by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
If you wish to opt out of push notifications, please change your settings at the device level.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not retain geo location information, except current known location when DLP service is activated.
Druva may send you communications or data regarding our Site and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Site and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Druva by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Email a Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about an article in our blog, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the blog post. Druva stores this information and is only used for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blog / Forum
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
If you have any questions about this Policy, you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to email@example.com or through the contact information below.
150 Mathilda Place, Suite 450
Sunnyvale, CA 94086