Some vitals stats I could gather from google/IDG/Gartner around –
- Almost 200M employees work remotely (off their desk)
- Close to 637K laptops are lost on US airports annually
- 65% of users don’t do a backup before they start the travel
- 90% of users don’t backup while on the move
In the last 6 weeks I (personally) have heard same statement from at least 8 VPs or CXOs – “I lost my data/notebook during last travel at …” – and none of them had a backup :) If I have to summarize, the top three reasons I heard from these guys:
- My backup software dosen’t work over WAN
- I had limited bandwidth connectivity
- I hate backups – they slow down my PC and work
The case for Druvaa inSync
Well this is the exact market we are focused on. Druvaa inSync does a wonderful job of remote backups because –
- It offers 90% savings in time, bandwidth and storage needed for backups.
- WAN acceleration boosts speed over WAN
- Smart bandwidth prioritization sets only a percentage of bandwidth for backup
- Super Secure – inSync uses SSL encryption over WAN and doesn’t need a VPN for backup.
Druvaa inSync saves single copy of data duplicate between users reducing the avg. backup size to almost 90% . (Considering the fact that corporate data is almost 80% duplicate between users). Yup, it’s truly unique and one of the most selling features of inSync. Of course now these guys are taking business to me :)