Managing the backup and restore of virtual machines in a distributed environment is usually a complex process involving multiple staff and a complex infrastructure. Druva Phoenix streamlines processes and infrastructure by centralizing the backup and recovery of globally distributed VMware environments with a zero-impact, direct to cloud solution.
Streamline the Protection of Your VMware Environment
Seamless management of hot, warm and cold backups with unrestricted long-term retention dramatically reduces costs and removes the dependency on the cumbersome, error-prone, multi-tiered systems typically in use today.
- Unified backup, recovery and archiving for VMware environments, removes the need for costly multi-vendor approaches
- Ever-incremental backups provide greater storage flexibility and simplifies recovery point management
- Auto Archiving ensures data is automatically moved to lower cost cold storage and stored securely for decades as needed
- Instant Cloud Recovery automatically converts the VM images to AWS AMIs for instant cloud recovery or complete failover
Zero Impact, Ever Incremental Backups
With its agentless approach to backing up virtualized environments, Phoenix enables businesses to protect their entire VMware infrastructure without needing to intrude into individual virtual machines.
- Native VMware API implementation delivers full support for change block tracking (CBT), allowing for efficient, incremental backups to be performed
- Patented Global Deduplication significantly increases backup speeds, while delivering up to 80% savings on storage and bandwidth usage
- Elastic proxy model enables businesses to infinitely scale out their virtual infrastructure by adding backup proxies wherever needed
Flexible Restore of Virtual Machine Data
Druva’s approach to backing up virtual machines allows for more flexibility in how data can be restored. Restoring a single file from a cloud archive often involves inefficiently staging large blobs of data before extracting the required files.
- Restore anywhere with Phoenix’s centralized approach allows organizations to easily restore data across geographies or between data centers from a single console
- Single file restore allows for backed up disks to be browsed directly in the cloud with specific files restored as needed
- Meet demanding restore objectives with Phoenix’s optional caching virtual appliance, which provides for a second copy of data to be held on-premise, accessible at LAN speeds
Comprehensive Data Security and Privacy
Druva takes a multi-layered approach to securing data that is unmatched in the industry — enabling organizations to address both their data security and regional data privacy requirements.
- An agentless approach allows Phoenix to provide image level backup, which means no explicit permissions need to be provided to members of the backup team
- Unique two-factor encryption, as well as data scrambling, ensure your data is properly secured in the cloud, without having to manage keys
- Your data is inaccessible by Druva at any time; not even under a court order can it be made available
- Twelve selectable global AWS storage regions are available ensuring Phoenix’s security model addresses regional data residency and privacy concerns
A Trusted Cloud for Your Enterprise Data
To deliver the highest level of security, uptime, regional support and data redundancy required by our enterprise customers, Phoenix is built on the advanced cloud technologies of Amazon Web Services (AWS), the highest rated and most secure cloud infrastructure available today.
- Data and systems are protected by AWS’s multiple certifications, including SOC1, SOC2, SOC3, and ISO-27001
- AWS’s twelve selectable storage zones worldwide, including GovCloud, deliver data durability of 99.999% with redundant data centers
- Same proven SaaS architecture used by more than 4,000 enterprises worldwide on Druva’s top rated inSync solution
Get an Edge on RTOs and RPOs
With its unified approach to backup and archiving, Phoenix is ideal for organizations with aggressive RTOs and RPOs, as well as those grappling with bandwidth-constrained remote sites. Phoenix provides hot caching capabilities via Phoenix CloudCache, which delivers a LAN-speed local solution administered seamlessly.
- Integrated, local caching removes the need for separately managed secondary storage
- Unified hot, warm and cold management means data moves between tiers automatically, as needed resulting in cost savings
- Caching that utilizes global deduplication delivers high-speed multiple backup snapshots for fast recovery