For the first timers – Druvaa inSync is a Fast Enterprise Laptop Sync solution mainly targeted at LAN/WAN based backups for mobile workforce and cross office backup consolidation.
inSync Details – https://www.druva.com/products/insync/ inSync Virtual Tour – https://www.druva.com/products/insync/virtual-tour/
Druvaa inSync 2.0 is being targeted as a complete laptop data sync protection solution.
a) Server Side
- Performance improvements – Improved sync algorithm (based on xdelta-3).
- Continuous Data Protection – Date/time based “from the past” restore.
- Network Profiles – admin configures network profiles with –
- IP addresses
- Network Type LAN/WAN/Auto (to optimize on backup packet sizes)
- On-wire compression levels
- Pluggable Storage Architecture – to make way for storage engines like encrypted, compressed, single instance, Amazon S3
- Single Instance Store – powerful block level de-duplication/single instancing.
- Storage Profiles – admin configures storage profiles with storage engine and capacity
- User Profiles – binds network and storage profiles with user profiles/groups. A totally flexible way of choosing which user syncs using which network and what storage type.
- Remote Data Deletion/Encryption – Theft protection
- Live Reports – Statistic, Graphs and email Alerts.
b) Client Side
- Bandwidth QoS – Choose backup bandwidth cap by percentage not value.
- Search backed-up files – allow users to search files in backup by names
- Auto restore/heal – automatically “heal” the laptop by restoring all files to default location
- Live Console – View live logs and backup activity
Druvaa inSync team would like to hear your feedback/suggestions –
- Whats your take on planed features ?
- Anything we missed or you would like to suggest ?