Mobile data protection is an integral component of any organization’s BYOD policy and is available for iOS (iPad, iPhone) and Android devices. With inSync’s mobile data protection, you can protect your enterprise smart phones and tablets with backup and data loss prevention.
Embrace BYOD with Policy Management
Users can instantly self-deploy the inSync mobile app on any of their devices using just their user ID and password, without requiring IT involvement.
- Administrators can require device registration, configure for backup and enable data loss prevention.
- Mobile policies reside centrally in the same user profile for easy IT management.
- Using inSync Analytics, administrators get visibility into mobile access, restores and other sharing activities.
Give Users Mobile Access to All Their Data
You can enable your users to access their data on any device they own (laptops, tablets, etc.) from any mobile device anywhere, anytime.
- Multi-device data is organized by devices and by time-based snapshots (organized by Today, This Week, and Earlier).
- Users can select any of their devices to access files from that device.
Backup Data on Smart Phones & Tablets
Critical mobile data can be configured for automatic backup, so it can be accessed and restored anywhere, anytime.
- Administrators can configure particular folders to be backed up as optional or mandatory. The default folders available for backup are contacts, photos and videos.
- Administrators can further configure the frequency of backup and the mobile resources to be used (e.g., data connection if WiFi is unavailable).
- Multiple restore points are available to restore backed up data.
Enable Mobile devices with Remote Deactivation
As part of the BYOD policy, mobile devices can be enabled for remote deactivation should the device be lost or stolen. This decommissioning feature assures IT that data on the lost device won’t end up in the wrong hands.
- BYOD policy can either recommend or mandate the remote deactivation feature.
- Once deactivated, the mobile device is as good as new with no trace of any data.
- The remote decommissioning feature is manually initiated by an administrator when the device is lost.
Geo-Locate your Mobile Devices Anytime
Mobile devices can be enabled to be tracked with geo-location information. The geo location tracking feature provides location coordinates for a device with high accuracy.
- Geo-location includes detailed location coordinates.
- inSync maps the coordinates on an interactive Google Maps chart that allows a zoom into the exact location.
Encrypt Critical Data on Mobile Devices
Mobile devices can be enabled to have critical data encrypted on the device. The data encryption disables anyone from viewing local device files in clear text without a valid authentication.
- Data encryption prevents intruders to view files in clear text.
- Authenticated users can view encrypted files without any extra steps required.