inSync features an innovative global, app-aware, client-side data deduplication engine that is dramatically better in performance and scalability. By ensuring that only one unique block of all enterprise data is stored on the server, inSync saves more than 90% in bandwidth and storage requirements compared to solutions without global deduplication.
Global Data Deduplication
inSync’s global deduplication results in smaller and faster backups for all corporate endpoints by only sending data that has not yet been sent to the server by any other endpoint.
- Before sending blocks of data to the server, a client checks if it has been backed up, saving huge amounts of bandwidth
- inSync saves storage on the server by only storing a single instance of a block from across all devices
- In the broader deployment, backing up subsequent devices happens faster as data has already been backed up
Industry-First Application-Aware Deduplication
inSync enhances deduplication accuracy by looking for duplicate objects within and across files, differentiating between common file types to provide the most accurate deduplication.
- 100% accurate: Understands application formats to identify the right data block size to check for deduplication
- Effectively dedupes data for the most widely-used corporate applications like Outlook, Office & PDF
- By employing app-aware technologies like MAPI, inSync significantly improves deduplication accuracy
Client-Side Data Deduplication
The duplicates in data are computed directly at the client device before sending data to the server, enabling significant bandwidth savings from the client.
- Deduplication checks done at the client rather than server save substantial bandwidth
- Only new or modified unique blocks are sent to the server
- Client-side caching reduces network round trips for incremental deduplication checks by 90%
HyperCache for Scalable Performance
HyperCache reduces the performance load on servers of Druva’s unique global deduplication technology and allows backup to easily scale.
- Powerful predictive server-side caching of deduplication index reduces disk I/O by up to 80%
- SSDs further improve the overall backup throughput by 5×
- Deduplication easily scales to any number of users