To help organizations evaluate endpoint backup solutions, Gartner compares vendors across critical capabilities. Druva inSync is top rated overall, with highest scores in key categories including Security, Data Governance and Public Cloud Integration.
In the latest Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Endpoint Backup report, Gartner evaluated eight endpoint backup products against 11 critical capabilities in three use cases – Overall, Cloud Deployment and On-Premises Deployment – to help IT leaders find the best enterprise endpoint backup solution in the industry. Not only was Druva rated highest by Gartner overall, but also for both cloud and on-premises deployment use cases. We also earned the top spot in 6 of the 11 critical capabilities evaluated in the report.
Here’s why the report matters:
- It reaffirms that we are an industry leader in end-user data protection for enterprises.
- It further validates our strategy and where we’ve been headed for a long time now, which is to ensure that enterprises can get the most value out of their stored data.
- It confirms what our customers already know: that they can feel confident that their data is protected and managed in the most secure, resilient and governable way possible.
Gartner notes in the report that “Endpoint backup has gone beyond simple backup/restore to a broader end-user data protection solution reducing various risks and increasing user productivity.” That has been our focus for some time now—to develop a future-proof solution that can scale on demand to meet the needs of tomorrow.
Druva inSync addresses both data availability and governance needs, providing the broader solution recommended in the report. And, we’re proud to say that we were the first to introduce many capabilities mentioned in the report, such as:
- Geo-location and remote wipe capabilities
- Backup of personal user settings to simplify device refresh and OS migration
- Backup data from not only PCs and mobile devices but also that from cloud applications, including Box, Google Apps for Work and Microsoft Office 365. We’re proud to be the only vendor that supports this breadth of cloud applications and are working to expand this even further!
- Legal hold capabilities with direct access for eDiscovery platforms
Our founder and CEO Jaspreet Singh describes today’s world as the era of the “borderless enterprise”, powered by mobile and the cloud with corporate data dispersed across multiple destinations and devices. He says, “Among the key findings shared in the report, ‘IT leaders are looking for a more strategic solution to centrally manage user data that is typically unmanaged today.’ Druva is converging data availability and governance to ensure end-user data is centrally and strategically protected, managed and governed.”
Access the report to get Gartner’s 2015 comparison of 8 top endpoint backup vendors.
*Gartner, Inc., Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Endpoint Backup, Pushan Rinnen and Robert Rhame, November 12, 2015.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.